Saturday, September 11, 2010

Captive

I was picking up the garbage can curbside recently and a couple driving by stopped and ask me about the area's crime. I was taken aback at first but then they ask me about my front gate. They went on to say they noticed several in the neighborhood. I told them that many of the homes built had gates in the beginning for their "mini" courtyards at the front. Although I have no such courtyard I do have a 20 foot long covered walkway to my door. After I got my girls, when company would come they would make a quick getaway during all the greetings etc. So I thought the gate would make a nice barrier to prevent me from having to chase my well-trained pups every time and it has served it's purpose well. Plus, when the temperatures actually drop below 70 degrees here in southeast Texas they like being out front to see what's going on in the hood. Did I say hood?
We hope you're having a good weekend!

2 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

I don't know... they look like hardened criminals to me! ;)

Sam

Rufus and Indie said...

Seeing hot doggies walking by? Nice!!!^^