Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Poor Sable

 I didn't realize just how bad Sable's skin condition had got till I saw her out in the bright sun light the other day.  I had been putting the ointment for "hot spots" on her but it apparently is of no help.  Her hair has only grown back in spots after being groomed in June.
So I got a chance to take her to the vet this week.  They reaffirm that it is her thyroid that is causing this hair loss.  In addition, she had ear infections in both ears.  I don't mind saying that I resent it when they will only give me two weeks of meds wanting to see her again.  When I drive up to the vet office I see Cadillac Escalades and Range Rovers in the parking lot and they see $$$ signs when they see me.  They wouldn't bat an eye to charging me, or anyone else, $2000 a month if I'd keep going.  I told her that I wanted 3 months supply of thyroid meds the next time I come back.   We'll see how it goes?  I might be looking for a new vet after 10 years.

5 comments:

Stan said...

That's a shame. I sure hope she gets better.

How Sam Sees It said...

Only two weeks? Our vet always wants a recheck in 10 days, but she always makes sure we have enough meds. ...and the rechecks are free...

Monty and Harlow

Ur-spo said...

poor pooch.

Anonymous said...

I hope it only looks bad and that she's not in any discomfort.

My Truvy has always had issues with her ears. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, every so often her ears will get an infection. My vet has been great and gives me the meds I need (cleaner and drops) to treat the flareups immediately without having to come in. they also know that I tend to bring her in sooner rather than later so I think they trust me.

I hope she feels better soon.

Harpers Keeper said...

Poor pup.

No experience with meds for Harper yet - I am sure that day will come.

I had to take her back for a follow-up once to look at an abrasion she in her mouth and the vet did not charge me for the re-check,

good luck!