Monday, March 2, 2015

The Shunning Of Sable

My sweet girl does not have mange.  I don't know how many times that I've had to say that at the dog park since Sable developed this skin condition.  People act as if she is contagious.  They will ask "what's wrong with her?"  Moreover, the dog park is similar to Hollywood: people seem to like 'em young and beautiful.  I've heard people say, "now stay away from the seniors".lol  It's all about puppies at the park.
Sable had her annual last week.  The blood test reveal that her thyroid is in check.  She sure acts as if she feels good and has a good appetite as always but her hair has not come back after grooming last summer.  I suppose if she is energetic that is a good sign.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Bless her! It's just human nature I suppose Rick. Fortunately dogs seem to know better, Lulu sends woofs.

How Sam Sees It said...

People can be annoying - especially dog folks who "know it all". I'd let my pups play with her - she is still sweet Sable.

Monty and Harlow