Friday, August 5, 2016

Mondays, Mondays

Yeah they always get me down it seems.  A couple of weeks ago I took Sable to the vet.  I had been feeling a scab and noticed, what I thought, was one of those hot spots that first started appearing when she was diagnosed with her thyroid condition.  In addition to this, Sable is showing a general decline with her hip dysplasia and thyroid.  So...just as we get to the vet it starts to rain like it only can in Houston.  For such a water loving dog Sable does not like getting in the rain.  So I have to carry her in the vet, luckily she is down to 57 pounds from her high of 95.  As soon as I get in the office I fall due to my wet feet. Then in the bright lights the vet shows me this hole in the side of Sable's head.  She ask me if it could be a spider bite?  I'm thinking: you tell me.  It looks more like a gunshot to me.  Now Sable's wound is healing slowly.  But wait, on the return home from the vet the power is out here at home and the garage door will not go up so again, I get to carry Sable in the house. That's about as bad as my Mondays get, thankfully.
Keep my girl Sable in your thoughts as we navigate these final months of her sweet, sweet life.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Hi Rick, hang in there buddy. Lulu and I send your girl all our love and hugs to you and Joe. Know that Sable’s adventures have brought a smile to all our faces just as Lucy’s did. Lulu & Tim

How Sam Sees It said...

Oh hugs. I'm so sorry and will be thinking of you.

Monty, Harlow and Ramble