Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oh Sure It Looks Precious

I love these home magazines that show the family pet lounging on the furniture. But they don't show the staff that's got to be around cleaning and straightening after having big dogs in the house. My home has never been the same since I got my two girls. When I was younger I was called "nasty nice" just shy of neurotic when it comes to house cleaning. Guys would say my condo looked like an old maids place or women would say that it didn't look like a bachelor pad. Granted it's my fault that I have pets that I let get on the furniture. It was so darn cute when they were puppies though. Now having a pet door where they can come and go has only added to the problems. If we are in a dry spell the dust is horrific. If we are having rainy days they track in mud. Sure I have gates up that keep them at bay and that's another issue. I have a gate between the tile area to the wood floor/living area and another gate between living areas to hallway/bedrooms. It's like a day care.
Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't take anything in exchange for my girls. Then again if you had told me ten years ago that I would have two 75 pound dogs in my home I would have scoffed. Granted much at issue is my fault. But when photos of homes all perfect with a big long hair dog are shown I know it's all an illusion, precious as it might appear.

7 comments:

Thor and Jack said...

Mom totally agree with you.

Rick Bettencourt said...

I hear ya...even a little dog (Bandit) leaves a mess behind. I can't imagine two 70 pounders!

Ur-spo said...

our pup only is allowed on the bed, no where else.

Ruby Red Dog said...

My mum laughed when she saw this. I'm allowed on all the furniture since my dad came to live with us. Mum used to be pretty strict, but now she's given up.

How Sam Sees It said...

We've given up on having a showcase home - it's like living with eternal two year olds!

Sam

Wrigley said...

Who has a blue couch with a Golden? That is truly silly!

Wags N Kisses,
Wrigley

Meeka said...

It's not FURniture wihout fur :)