Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Typically Hot Afternoon In Pawm Springs

Since I neglected to take my girls to the park over the weekend I thought I'd make it up to them today since I got off early. It was 90 degrees today and they always love the water no matter what the temperature.
I'm amazed at how many dogs are afraid of the water. They might come to the waters edge but that is it. Then again, Sable waited almost a year to venture out and swim.

Lucy has always loved the water. The vet chastised me for taking her to the dog park when she was less than 3 months old. I had read about the Millie Bush Bark Park in the paper and thought I'd take her. She immediately loved it.


Neither seem as fond of this Pawm Springs Dog Park here in Sugar Land as they are of the Millie Bush park. They are apprehensive at first around the water because it drops off about two feet just beyond the waters edge. It amuses me that they remember that aspect of the pond at this park. But in the long run, water is water and they enjoyed themselves. Plus they can watch the other dogs from a distance.



4 comments:

Rick Bettencourt said...

I haven't taken Bandit swimming in a long time. He used to like to jump in the ocean. A little to late in the season for that; I'll have to remember for next year.

How Sam Sees It said...

Sam is okay swimming as long as the ground gradually drops away. If there is a sudden drop off, he won't do it. Monty, on the other hand, would swim anywhere if we let him!

Sam

for the love of a house said...

Lucy & Sable are gorgeous! Ella doesn't "get" the water (she's a bit anal... love that in a dog;) She has two lab friends who love to jump in rivers/lakes, and Ella just stands on the side a bit confused as to why they would want to get wet!!
Ahhh yes, 90 degrees and mosquitoes in October.... I remember it all too well! (reason number 38 why we moved;)!
wags to your girls!
joan

Thor and Jack said...

I bet your girls and you had a wonderful time! Love the pictures!
Happy Sunday!