Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Making Tracks

I took my father and Joe back to the Ozarks on Monday. The area had a 20 inch snow in some places last Wednesday. It was a beautiful day for a drive with the roads all clear and only snow left in shaded areas.
Despite Joe being a handful around my girls he is a very good dog at my father's home and traveling. He sleeps the entire 11 hour drive except to look up at stops. My father is 97 years old and still living alone and driving(I know :(). I'm glad that he has a dog to keep him company. Joe is so gentle around him. Joe loves to run and has plenty of room in my father's yard as opposed to mine. So it's rather quiet around here now without Joe the terrible and my father.

2 comments:

Rick Bettencourt said...

97 and alone! Good for him.

Stan said...

I'm not laughing. My Dad is going to be 92 and still driving. He lives downstairs from me though.
Thanks for commenting at my blog Rick.