Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lucy Is 8 Years Old Today!

My pretty guard dog turned 8 today. It would have slipped my mine had the vet not sent me a reminder. I always think her birthday is in late June when she came to live with me. Lucy is a survivor of the parvo virus. Lucy was hospitalized at the vet when my brother was taking one of his newly purchased pups from Petsmart to the vet. His dog died from the disease. The vet pointed out Lucy and how she had survivied the disease. But my brother's daughter did not want a large dog. So I had casually mentioned I was looking into getting a dog and he remembered. Lucky me huh? He called me while I was on vacation in Colorado in 2003 and told me the story about Lucy. How the vet had her papers of her pure breed and that they were wanting a good home for her. So the rest is history. Lucy is a rather petite version of a Golden Retriever which could be a result of the parvo virus. She's been a healthy and happy girl just not very affectionate. Happy Birthday to you Lucy!

9 comments:

TimberLove said...

happy birthday Lucy!!

RA & Isis

Ur-spo said...

Happy birthday poochie pooch !

Rick Bettencourt said...

Happy birthday Lucy! Bandit will be 10 this year. God, how the time flies.

She looks great!

Fred said...

Happy birthday, Lucy!

Ray Avito said...

It's such a good thing that you and Lucy found each other. She and Sable always appear to be so content and happy in their photos. Happy Birthday, Lucy!

Stan said...

What a touching story.
Happy Birthday to a Great Dog!
Here's to many, many more!

Thor and Jack said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!! You're so lucky to have each other! Hope you got cake!

Thor and Jack

Thor and Jack said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Thor and Jack

Ruby's Mum said...

What a great story. Happy belated birthday, Lucy! Ruby is a petite girl, too, but we really don't know her provenance.