Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dogs & Slipcovers

They go hand in hand around my place. Since I've done upholstery for several years, I've tackled making slipcovers since becoming a pet owner. Sewing has always been my least favorite aspect of upholstery so I've usually resorted to just using an old bedspread or sheet thrown over the sofa or chairs. Of course all of this could have been avoided if I'd just kept my girls off the furniture. So when I see photos like this one it motivates me to get sewing. But why is the dog on a hard floor when it could be in a comfy chair? I'll never understand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't always leave a clever comment but I always enjoy reading your posts.

Like the new pic!

John Going Gently said...

caught up with you blog
lovely to read another life of someone who loves and lives dogs!!!
will be back!

Unknown said...

Thought I would check out the slipcover work you do.These are so gorgeous. Great work!