Thursday, June 23, 2011

Do You Pamper Your Babies?

Lucy was acting whipped even before my father and his dog got here

I thought the heat was taking a toll so I decided to have all three of them shaved down or in Lucy's case a very close trim.



Lucy looks so much leaner but more importantly she seems to have more energy. I was kind of shocked when I picked them up at the groomers. I had never had Lucy trimmed so close. She didn't look like my girl. But I'm getting used to her appearance now. She looks like she did as a puppy.

I paid $189 to have all three dogs bathed and cut. My father's dog, Joe, is 55 pounds and Lucy and Sable are both over 80 pounds. What do you think? Too much $$$ or is it about the same in your area?





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that's au juice in that glass and not wine.

I pay $50 for bath, cut and nails for my little Tramp, sounds like you got a bargain.

Fred said...

It costs Old Girl about $50 for me. That's why she does it at home now! BOL!

Anonymous said...

BTW - my place is cage free. They don't roam free but are seatbelted into their own area. They also dry them on the table by hand and not in a cage where they hookup a big blower to the outside of the cage.

I'll never to a place that uses cages again.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! They look great!

Howard in CT said...

I pay $45 to have an 8 lb. Yorkie groomed. The woman who does it does an excellent job, my dog loves her, so I give her a $10 tip.
Now, how is your Dad doing on his walk from the car to the pavillion at the doggie park?
And, did I see you got a little bit of rain down there recently?

How Sam Sees It said...

We pay about the same here. It's a chunk of change, but they look better, and they don't look like I attacked them with a weed eater (which is how they look when I do it).

Sam

Charlie said...

Anyone who trimmed Charlie for $63 would really be earning their money!
- Anne