Friday, June 1, 2012

Whew! I'm Glad That's Over

Well not really.  We have just returned from a weeks stay in the Ozarks.  Traveling with three big dogs and my elderly Father can kick my ass.  The last two trips home have been with just my Father and Joe.  Joe is an excellent traveler!  He gets in and just lays down.  You never hear a peep out of him till you have pushed the limits and haven't taken a pit stop and then he will growl a bit.
 But this time around I took my girls since there was no one around here during the holiday week to baby sit.  Just as well, because I really don't like leaving them behind.  I have to drive my car when taking the entire brood.  My babies usually only get to ride in my truck.  Even with the extra room they seem to just lay atop of one another.
 Lucy settles down after a couple of hours and begins to relax.
 Joe knows it's a long drive and takes it in stride.
 However, Sable never changes.  She stays transfixed on the road ahead.  She kind of creeps me out a bit.  She doesn't even respond to my attention.  She just sits up and looks straight ahead.  After about 5 hours she will reconcile herself with the fact it's a long haul and will take a nap.
I hope you enjoyed your first holiday weekend of summer.  I know it's not officially summer yet but... Enjoy this weekend and your summer.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like it was quite the trip. Sable you're such a good helper keeping your eyes on the road. :)

Tim said...

Summer has arrived here in Spain to, now too hot to take Lulu in the car for very long. She travels more like Lucy, but has to have all the windows open, air con is not sufficient!

Have a great weekend.

How Sam Sees It said...

Sable doesn't want to miss a thing!

Sam

Ur-spo said...

Yikes !
I don't relish your trip.
I hope all is well!