Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hey There Lonely Girl

Sometimes Lucy breaks my heart.  I often find her by herself.  While I work in the yard, yeah I know just look at all those winter weeds, Joe and Sable are constantly under foot or running the fence.  When I look for Lucy, I find her kicked back just watching.  Maybe she doesn't feel good or maybe she just likes to watch me piddle and ponder?
As I've said before, I'm glad I don't have children.  I'd be saying snap out of it or I'd be feeding them sweets or something.  I'm too much of a control freak I suppose.
I just don't like to see her look so sad and lonely.

6 comments:

Howard in CT said...

Aren't you projecting human feelings onto her?
Look at it this way - She's with her daddy: She gets to watch his every move.
SHE is the QUEEN of the yard. She's old. She's content. She's HAPPY.

Ur-spo said...

I think the 'sad dog look' is their most barbarous weapon. gets us every time.

How Sam Sees It said...

Sam is the same way - sometimes he goes and sits by himself. We will occasionally hear big sighs and it breaks our heart.

You are a good doggy daddy! :D

Sam

Stan said...

Bless her heart.

Alison said...

My neighbor's golden is the same way. She's very content just doing her own thing from afar. Unless you mention food or treats, she's staying put.

John Going Gently said...

She does look a little sad does she not