Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Memories

Lucy tries to give my Dad's dog, Lady, a kiss in November of 2003.  My Dad got a lab soon after I left home and it was his companion for almost 14 years.  When he died my Dad was so hurt, according to my late Mother.  So in a couple of years, my brother gave my Dad a Dalmatian.  My Dad named her Lady because strangely enough my brothers had a Dalmatian before I came along and it was also named Lady.  So Lady II was up in years by the time I got Lucy in 2003.  She didn't know what to think when she visited and there was another dog already here.  Lady was a talker.  I wish we had videos of her because she loved to try and talk.  She seemed to be scolding us people on numerous occasions.  Lady was a good dog, aren't they all?, for my Dad and he was once again heartbroken when she would die the next year in 2004.  But soon my Dad would be gifted Joe by a stranger.

5 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

Good memories. I wish this kind of media had been around when I was a kid. I love all the photos/videos I take for the blog - when Sam passed away it was wonderful to go through all his photos.

Monty and Harlow

TimberLove said...

Aren't they all though, wooos,

Nuk

Tim said...

Lulu talks too, and your'e right, it's a scolding they give, especially if you've been out in the car and they haven't!

Howard in CT said...

Cantcha just see your Dad now - doin' a little 2-step happy dance with all his 4-footed friends up there!

Cocos Mommy said...

I think you are right, Joe; they are all good dogs.