Monday, April 16, 2012

Lazy Weekend

I'm afraid the girls, Joe, Dad, and I had a rather uneventful weekend.  We spent much of Sunday watching TV, golf, and waiting for the much predicted heavy rains.  They would love some serious outdoor fun.  However, it's quite the chore taking all three at once even more so if my Dad goes as well. 

And then there's always the ear issues.  I thought all I had to consider was swimmer's ear but it seems all the pollen that spring brings takes issue with a dog's ear according to my vet?  Lucy had a hematoma on her ear last week and I had to take her to the vet. It was swollen like a balloon. I thought she had been stung by a bee. All of them love walking in between the blooming Indian Hawthornes  that have been loaded with blooms and bees as well.  But the vet said that pollen makes them shake their heads excessively and can result in a hemtoma.  Good gosh there's always something.

We hope you atleast had some fun over the weekend.  Have a good week!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Interesting about the pollen. I had no idea that could happen to a dogs ears.

I'm sure your girls are happy as long as they are spending time with you. :)

Ur-spo said...

I did not know this. Thank you for teaching me, I will watch for this.