Friday, June 11, 2010

Do You Slipcover?

I ordered one of these slipcovers for my sofa and it's not exactly a "sure-fit". I got tired of the king size comforter I kept on the sofa plus it is too much of a hassle to wash on a regular basis. With all things good there are downfalls and with having indoor pets keeping the home the way it once was is is one of them. It's a lost cause, especially since I have the pet door. There's no one to blame but myself. When my girls were puppies I thought it was so cute watching them attempt to get up on the furniture with me. Then I aided them by moving the ottoman next to the chair or sofa and laying a cushion on the floor giving them steps and, as a result, a welcome mat. By all indications from the photos below I am not alone in giving a pet a bit of freedom.



4 comments:

Scout and Freyja said...

I would slipcover if I could find one to fit the style of my sofa - Victorian. Yes, I, like you, have invited dogs to cuddle with me on the furniture and I, like you, wish my furniture wasn't to 'punished'.

My son, on the other hand, never allowed his dogs on the furniture and they are perfectly happy snoozing on the dog pillows when the family congregates in the living room for a movie.

Wish I had listened to my son☺

the booker man said...

hello there!
thanks for stopping by booker's blog. :)
when we first adopted asa, we had hand-me- down furniture, so i didn't care if she got on the couch. once we got nice, new furniture, we had to wean her off the couch. haha. booker has never been allowed on the couch.
sometimes, i will "invite" them up for cuddles. when i do that, i spread a big fleece blanket out over the couch.
we also have a big chair and a half with an ottoman, and asa just loves sleeping in her bed on the ottoman, so i put the fleece blanket over the ottoman and then put her dog bed up there. we call it her perch. :)

Ur-spo said...

I am a new dog owner; I am beginning to see dog hair everywhere, in the car, on the bed etc. We are training the pooch to only get up on the bed. But oh the hair!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.