Monday, December 6, 2010

A Cold Morning At Millie Bush

I woke up early yesterday morning so I thought I'd take the girls to Millie Bush Bark Park. They like it better than the park closer to home. One reason is the gradual slope into the water where as the park here in Sugar Land just drops off a foot or so. I usually take them to this park early for two reasons:to beat the traffic and the heat. Since we are in a cold snap the avoidance of traffic was the motivation.
We were the first to arrive just after 7:00 am and I thought they might hesitate to get in the water. But I was wrong. They headed directly for the water. I noticed when others started to arrive they weren't getting in the water?

It looked as if icicles were forming on Lucy when she emerged from the water.


I like the way my girls play together at the park since they rarely do at home. Sable pushes Lucy around and around in circles to get the ball out of her mouth.








What kind of children have I raised? They are content at just watching the others from across the pond. I don't go to the far side of the water to avoid the crowds but for my best camera angle if the sun should show it self. Maybe I'm giving them the wrong message?





Several had arrived by 8:00 am but some only took one loop around the trail and left. It was just too cold for them. One thing is always certain. If it's cold in southeast Texas there's a north wind kicking up. Otherwise, the warmth from the Gulf would ease back inland.
Hope you had a good weekend!






3 comments:

Rick Bettencourt said...

What a nice way to spend the morning.

Stan said...

looks like a great dog park.

cb said...

Whoops- I saw Palm, not pawm.

LOL