Monday, March 12, 2012

My Poor Sable

Sable is usually on my left side so I rub the left side of her head and ear.  So when she happened to be on my right side last night I was shocked to find her ear was all scabbed over and oozing.  I wasn't grossed out as you are now.  I grabbed her colar and pulled her around and asked my Dad to bring the flashlight.  I was wondering if this was damage done by the dog confrontation she got in over a week ago at the park.  I cleaned her ear with witch hazel and then her ear wash before I applied some of her medicine for ear infection.  I hope it gets better soon or we will be going to the vet again.
What do you think?  I can't really see any tears or broken skin.  Hard to believe all of this is from an ear infection.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell from the pic but if it was MY ear, I'd wait to go to the doctor. If it were either Truvy's or Tramp's ear I'd be at the vet so fast I'd make your head spin.

We hope she heals fast.

Max said...

When in doubt, go to the vet.

Alison said...

Poor Sable. That really doesn't look so good. A trip to the vet definitely couldn't hurt.

Thor and Jack said...

Poor Sable. Hope she gets better soon.
We've been very busy lately, we will try to update early as we can.

Ur-spo said...

poor pooch. I hope this is nothing too serious.