Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's A Bite

Sable waits patiently for the vet.  She was a good girl although she tried to hide under me.  She had been bitten in her ear.  I could see it better once the vet shaved around the ear.  Of course it's infected now so she's on a course of antibiotics.  At least I know what the situation is and that I will be wrestling her twice a day to clean the wound.

Of the 8 years taking my girls to the dog park I have never heard Sable growl at another dog.  The other dog had to come around us at least three times before the incident happened.  Lucy on the other hand has never liked other dogs coming around me or her for that matter so it's typical of her.  I've had to separate her more than once but Sable...  I'm still surprised.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did absolutely the right thing in taking Sable to the vet. I knew you would. You are a good daddy.

It constantly amazes me how a dog will suffer in silence thru the worst pain and show no sign of anything being wrong. I know it is a survival thing, a defense against being seen as weak and vulnerable by other animals,but amazing.

Howard in CT

Alison said...

Sable you poor girl. I've been there, Zoe got bit in the ear last year and it split the bottom part of her ear. Poor thing had to get stitches.

Get well soon Sable!

Anonymous said...

We're glad that she'll be better soon.