Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh What A Feeling!

We have had a beautiful few days here in southeast Texas so I took the girls to Millie Bush Bark Park. We haven't been in a while. To think we used to go almost every Sunday morning.
It doesn't take Lucy and Sable long to get in the water. It had to be a bit chilly since the temps were in the low 50's the last couple of nights.
Nevertheless, they love the water. I keep thinking Joe might surprise me and get in the water one day. It hasn't happened yet but who knows? We were going for almost 6 months I believe before Sable would get in the water and swim.
Keeping their eye on the prize. Daddy messed up and forgot to take a ball to the park. Luckily I found a faded one that still had some bounce. I don't know if it's their eye sight or what but I notice they like the brightly covered tennis balls the best.
Wow! A picture with all three of my babies. Joe did a run by a few times to let us know he was still around. I think he covered the entire 15 acre park.
This pooch kept making rounds and eventually got into a scuffle with Sable. Yes, I said Sable. Sable NEVER has shown any aggression towards another dog at the park. I was kind of shocked to hear Sable growl and then all hell broke lose. I was trying to stay cool and not make an ass of myself. I was sticking the ChuckIt stick between them and finally the other dogs owner ran up and pulled her dog away. I checked her ears and neck and she seemed okay. Sable has always stood back and watched Lucy be the bad dog/guard dog so this was a new one on me.
After almost 3 hours at the park, the dogs are laying low all evening. Sable is limping around as usual after a workout. Hopefully, she will be better by tomorrow evening.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Awww I'm so glad you took the pups to Millie Bush again. Maybe one day we'll run into each other. Sable, are you standing your ground now too?

Rick said...

We were thinking of Zoe and wondering if we might see her. Be sure and say hi if you think it's us.

Theresa Arnold said...

I bet those dogs just loved the water. Thanks for the pictures. Made me smile! T from TX:)